Epson 3880s and P800s
All printing on the above Epson printers is self serve and students must be authorized by a technician or instructor to use these printers. Authorizations will be held in class.
- Undergraduate access is from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday. Additional evening access is posted on the door of rm. 132
- Printers are reserved via sign up sheets posted in the lab two weeks in advance. You may sign up for a maximum of two consecutive hours per day on a first come first served basis. If there is no one signed up, or the person scheduled is more than 15 minutes late, then the printer will become available for walk in access.
- Printers can run either Matte or Photo surface papers. Please ensure you are using the correct black setting for your paper type.
- Undergraduate students do not pay for ink costs on the printers but must provide their own (inkjet coated) paper. There are a variety of paper surfaces available for purchase by the sheet at the York University Bookstore (see below).
- Please report all printing problems immediately to the technician or lab monitor in rm. 132.
The papers below can be purchased by 13”x19” sheet at the York University Bookstore.
- Premium Luster (13x19”)
- Ultra Premium Presentation paper (formerly Enhanced Matte) (13x19”)
- Semigloss (13x19”)
SUBMITTING A FILE FOR PRINTING:
***NEW in 2018*** Submit your files for printing via this online form:
To submit files you must share a link from your Google Drive account, or Dropbox.
Turn around time is 2 full business days and this can be extended at the end of term due to high volume of jobs. Any files submitted overnight will be guaranteed for 2 business days from the following morning.
Roll paper for the large format printers is provided by the facility and students are charged for the amount they use. Paper is available in 24" and 44" widths unless otherwise specified below. Film is available in 17" and 24" widths.
Price /square inch specified in brackets.
- Premium Luster (.016)
- Enhanced Matte (2.016)
- Semi Matte (.016)
- Pictorico Film (.02)
- Bond paper (36"width only, .016)
Cost calculation: length x width x paper price. Students registered in certain classes have ink covered by lab fees and only pay for paper.
Example: 16x24" luster print = 16 x 24 x .016 = $6.14 (paper only)
For those not enrolled in these courses, service printing is available with an additional ink cost added to the paper cost. Ink is an additional .016 / square inch.
To pick up your print, you must first pay via Yu-card. There are no exceptions! You can deposit cash onto your Yu-card at the Scott library, or via credit card on the York website: http://www.yorku.ca/yucard/depositfunds.html
All files should be labelled with last name, approximate file size and, if multiple files, number, ie: Robertson-16x20-1, Robertson-16x20-2.
If you have multiple files to submit, please use a folder labelled with last name.
All files should be sized for desired output at a printable resolution (180-360ppi). Files should be flattened and saved as tiff, psd, jpeg (colour: Adobe RGB 1998, BW: Gray Gamma 2.2). Any necessary borders should be built into your file. For best results we recommend you make a test print before making your final print. For test prints, please resize / crop and save as a separate file (minimum size: 24"x5").
Film output: You will need to prepare your files according to your printmaking process. Please see your instructor for details or refer to the guides available in the print lab, rm. 132.